Home to iconic national parks such as the Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara and the Serengeti with its spectacular annual wildebeest migration, Tanzania is a premier safari honeymoon destination with increasingly popular beach options. Although less developed than other parts of Africa's Indian Ocean coast, there are real cast-away beach lodges that offer pristine snorkeling, scuba diving and sea kayaking. A Tanzania honeymoon can bring together the classic combination of safari and beach, with the minimum of time spent traveling between centers.
For those who like their honeymoon safaris to be more wild and remote, the vast southern Selous Game Reserve is the ideal setting for a honeymoon adventure. The lodges and camps are small and boutique, and whilst there is a lot of game, including the Big-Five, it takes a bit more effort to spot. But people say that lions outnumber people here, so if you’re looking for a more exclusive experience, a honeymoon in Tanzania’s southern parks is a rewarding choice.
Arguably a safari combined with a beach holiday is as good as it is gets, and a Tanzania honeymoon is just about the perfect mix of these activities, as there is also easy access to the powder white beaches of ancient spice island Zanzibar from both the northern parks and southern game reserves, via light aircraft.
If you are both looking to begin married life together tackling one of the most exhilarating challenges in the natural world, look no further than a private climb of Kilimanjaro. Admittedly a more unusual approach to this life ‘big event’, but just like any other Tanzania honeymoon, it’s easy to add on time relaxing on an Indian Ocean beach.
For first-hand advice on all our Tanzania honeymoons, ring our team on 020 666 1250 or enquire online to start planning your trip.
- Test your endurance and climb to the summit of Kilimanjaro
- you will be accompanied by experienced, knowledgeable guides.
- end off on the pristine relaxing beaches of the exotic spice island of Zanzibar
- Thrilling wildlife watching in one of Africa's premier game-viewing locations
- All game drives, a river cruise, guided bush walk, guided bird walk and a bush breakfast included
- Elegant Accommodation at Serena Mivumo River Lodge
- Sea, sun & sand time on the tropical Indian Ocean island of Zanzibar
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours