Belvidere Manor is an owner-run, four-star luxury retreat in an idyllic setting in the heart of South Africa’s Garden Route.Accommodation is in charming Cape-style cottages set among ten acres of beautiful parkland running down to Knysna Lagoon. The village of Belvidere is an historic settlement on the lagoon and about 9 km from Knysna. The estate dates from 1834; the manor house from 1850. ...
Kanonkop Guest House is a small, owner-managed, 5-star retreat situated on Kanonkop Hill, with spectacular, uninterrupted views of the Knysna Lagoon and Heads.Run by Mark Conyers (the former South African cricketer), his brother and father, this guest house will appeal to the sporting enthusiast. Kanonkop is a corporate member of Fancourt, Pezula and Simola golf estates, so you can play on these m...
Conrad Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa is set on a 300-hectare private estate on the Garden Route, between Knysna’s Eastern Head, the Sinclair Nature Reserve, and the Noetzie River, with fantastic views across the Indian Ocean and the Knysna Lagoon.AccommodationConrad Pezula has 78 suites, including twopresidential suites, all with a contemporary African style. The suites are spacious and well equ...
St James of Knysna is a smart, owner-run, five-star country house hotel set in lovely three-acre gardens on the shores of Knysna Lagoon, about 2 km from the town centre. The views out to the Knysna Heads are impressive, the perfect backdrop to a game of croquet, a relaxing walk through the gardens and greenhouses, a tennis match, or a dip in one of three swimming pools. You can also fish from the ...
The Manor House Fancourt is a small luxurious boutique hotel, with excellent green credentials and staff development programme, is located in the 613-hectare Fancourt estate, just outside George. The meticulously restored manor has 13 luxury suites, four grand suites and a master suite with two bedrooms. All come with butler service and the property has its own pool. Guests also have access to the...
Views Boutique Hotel is set on the dunes overlooking the pristine Wilderness Beach, this small luxurious, ultra modern hotel makes the most of the natural light and spectacular sea views. The 18 open and airy suites are decorated in a fresh, modern, eclectic style and all have WiFi, satellite TV, safes, beverage stations and other top class amenities. Facilities include two dining venues, sea-view...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours