House of Waine is an elegant boutique hotel in Nairobi.
The tranquil, residential location, high standards of service, fine food and modern African design combine to make House of Waine a relaxing place to stop and unwind before or after a safari.
House of Waine is set in 2½ acres in the tranquil suburb of Karen/Langata at the foot of the Ngong Hills. It is about 40 minutes from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and 15 minutes from Wilson Airport, 5 minutes from the Karen Blixen Museum and within 15 minutes of Nairobi attractions like the Giraffe Centre, the Daphne Sheldrick Wildlife Sanctuary, and Kazuri Beads.
Each of the eleven rooms is attractively and individually decorated around a different theme. Many of the rooms can be occupied as either a twin or a double, and there are some interconnecting rooms for families. Rooms are equipped with televisions, direct dial ‘phones, mini-bar, safe and tea/coffee facilities. Large marble bathrooms provide the usual amenities and abundant natural light.
With its wrought-iron four-poster bed, clawfoot bathtub and working fireplace, the Victoria room is perfect for honeymooners and other romantics.
From the sumptuous breakfasts and lavish afternoon tea to the fine dining at dinner, House of Waine’s cuisine is based on fresh, local ingredients. The seasonal set menus change daily and are served in the dining room, the pool pavilion, the lounge, or in the leafy gardens.
Two bars are reserved for the exclusive use of guests. There is also a heated swimming pool.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Exclusive itinerary to Rainbow Tours
- Wildlife rich areas
- Small boutique camps
- Fly betweeen parks - maximising time on safari
- Luxurious Accommodation
- Safari without the crowds
- 3 magnificent areas of Kenya
- Unique experiences
- Quintessential East African safari in Kenya with abundant game
- Soaking up the tropical sunshine in the sublime Seychelles
- Top notch accommodation, great food and first class hospitality
What more romantic way to start your honeymoon than on safari in the open plains of the Masai Mara, where you stay in an enchanting tented camp, Kicheche Bush Camp. Then head off to Mauritius for some beach time at a small boutique hotel in Mauritius, Hotel 20°Sud. Perfect!...
- Two Iconic wildlife areas in Kenya
- First Class accommodation
- Safari and beach stay without the crowds
Go on safari in the sweeping plains of the Masai Mara, staying in romantic, luxury tented accommodation where you dine under the stars. Enjoy a catalogue of thrilling wildlife sightings in one of the world's greatest wildlife hotspots. Then head off to the secluded beaches of northern Mozambique where you can do as little or as much as you please. If the fancy takes you, explore the historic Ilha ...
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours