One of the ancient Maya's most lavish cultural centres, deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1980, Copán is well-known for its intricately carved stelae and incredible hieroglyphic stairway. A guide will meet you at your hotel for a scenic 20-minute walk to the Copán archaeological park, and then lead you on an intriguing tour of the site. You'll walk across the plazas and...
Deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1980, and one of the ancient Maya's most lavish cultural centres, Copan is well-known for its intricately carved stelae and incredible hieroglyphic stairway. Today you'll visit this world famous archaeological site, the on-site sculpture museum and two excavated tunnels under the ruins that provide insight into the early stages of Copan civilization. ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours