Owned by philanthropist Nick Crane, Simien Lodge is our accommodation of choice for this impressive national park, one of Ethiopia's World Heritage sites thanks to its incredible landscapes and endemic wildlife and flora.The hotel is situated right at the start of the escarpment often described as a 'single- sided Grand Canyon'. It is the continent's highest-lying hotel, at 3260m a...
This stylish property is in a 12ha site on the western edge of Ethiopia's breathtaking Simien escarpment. Its main building with bar and restaurant face east and overlook incredible cliff edges of the Simien Mountains.The rooms face lush countryside to the west.The lodge has been sustainably built, primarily with rammed earth, wood and thatch. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and large pat...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours