This stylish property is in a 12ha site on the western edge of Ethiopia's breathtaking Simien escarpment. Its main building with bar and restaurant face east and overlook incredible cliff edges of the Simien Mountains.
The rooms face lush countryside to the west.
The lodge has been sustainably built, primarily with rammed earth, wood and thatch. Facilities include a restaurant, bar and large patio overlooking the Simien Mountains National Park.
There are just 12 rooms, each of which faces west so as to take advantage of wonderful sunsets from a secluded setting. Each has been designed to ensure that guests experience brilliant views of the surrounding wilderness
Rooms are spacious enough to comfortably accommodate a family of three, if needed. Each has either a double or two single beds, plus a day-bed, which converts into a full-sized single bed/
Two of the rooms (9&10) offer a connecting door, which can be used for families.
The restaurant caters for a wide range of tastes and expectations. Rates include all meals and local drinks. Premium drinks are extra.
The lodge contributes $10 per night to the Africa Wildlife Foundation for each guest. This supports a range of conservation efforts in the national park, including the Adisge Village Conservation school. The lodge also has an extensive local procurement program, supporting local farmers and villagers. The lodge employs more than 40 people from the resident community.
Note: the lodge closes annually from mid July to end August (rainy season)
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours