The Ananda is ideally situated in the centre of Cartagena’s historic district and lives up to its name, which means ‘a state of bliss’ in Sanskrit.Surrounded by historical buildings including the Cathedral, Santo Domingo's Square and the Inquisition Palace, the hotel is a renovated colonial house with 23 luxury suites, each with high ceilings and balconies.The hotel has a Jac...
Set in a 19th century colonial house situated in the historical centre, the Hotel Bantú is a lovely hotel for your stay in Cartagena. There are 23 rooms including 4 premium rooms, 3 deluxe rooms, 10 superior rooms and 6 suites one of which features a balcony and Jacuzzi and all have air-conditioning, an LCD television, mini-bar and en suite bathroom. Rooms at the hotel offer varying views to the f...
Set in a beautifully converted 17th century monastery, the Sofitel Santa Clara is a luxurious property with 122 rooms and suites. With views of either the interior gardens or the city and ocean, rooms have a colonial feel. El Claustro is open for all meals and the Restaurante 1621 is the perfect setting for an evening of gourmet cuisine. Enjoy after dinner drinks at El Coro where you can listen to...
Opened in 2018 in the heart of Cartagena's historic centre, Casa Factoria is a small boutique property, ideal as a base in the city.Located in Calle de la Factoria; Cartagena's many restaurants, boutiques and places of interest are within walking distance.The property features 28 rooms and on site there is a lobby bar, spa, a small pool for a refreshing dip, a restaurant and roof terrace w...
Located in the heart of Cartagena's old town, Alfiz dates back to the 17th century. It was a former smugglers house, then the British Consul and now a small boutique hotel with just 8 rooms, each individually furnished with period features. Rooms include air-conditioning, TV, safes and a minibar. Attractive antiques are found throughout the property and its library showcases the works of world...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours