Located in the heart of Cartagena's old town, Alfiz dates back to the 17th century. It was a former smugglers house, then the British Consul and now a small boutique hotel with just 8 rooms, each individually furnished with period features. Rooms include air-conditioning, TV, safes and a minibar. Attractive antiques are found throughout the property and its library showcases the works of world renowned Colombian-author Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Guests can enjoy time in the peaceful reading room, relax on the sun terrace or take a dip in the swimming pool, located in the internal patio. Alfiz is within a short walking distance of Cartagena's many excellent restaurants, cafes and bars.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours