Lalaria Lodge is one of those hospitable, owner-run, good-value guest houses that are, unfortunately, fast disappearing from South Africa.Set on a cliff at Shaka’s Rock, Lalaria offers five luxurious and spacious bedrooms, with sea or pool views.Guests often describe the lodge as a ‘home from home’; the owners’ personal attention makes this an extra special place. They will...
The Oyster Box was built in 1954. The original Oyster Box was a well-known and much loved resort hotel in a great location by the beach and lighthouse at Umhlanga, just two minutes from the village centre. Fifty years later it was past its prime and the decision was taken to totally rebuild. The new Oyster Box hotel opened in late 2009 and the current owners have gone to great lengths to retain...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours