Reunion’s Wild South is full of lush vegetation, dark green forests contrasting with the azure blue of the ocean. Walking into one of the villages is like walking back in time – they have retained their charm and heritage, with rows of traditional creole houses. There are plenty of places to visit – Le Tremblet, Le Puis Arabe and Saint-Phillipe, the southern capital.
Further along the coast you can visit the Grand Brûlé, the area where the black flowing lava fields from the Piton de la Fournaise slithered through the forest and met the ocean with dramatic results. These lava fields are still warm. Also visit the verdant forest of Mare Longue and the rocky coastline. Ask us for more details about our Reunion Island Holidays – we’d be delighted to tailor-make one just for you.
Palm Hotel & Spa is a four-star hotel located between St Pierre and St Joseph on the south coast of the island. It's set above the bay of Grand Anse, one of the most beautiful beaches white coral beaches on Réunion.The beach is 15 minutes walk down hill and the hotel has three shuttles a day.The Palm Hotel is about an hour and 30 minutes drive from the main international airport, along...
Villa Belle is a delightful and stylish guesthouse in an old part of St-Pierre, in the south of Reunion. Originally an authentic Creole home, with the characteristic verandahs, it retains sizeable grounds of over 3000m2. Villa Belle’s friendly owners spent three years on renovation to provide this elegant, deeply comfortable accommodation at the crossroads of the volcano route and the route ...
If you enjoy spectacular scenery, outdoor pursuits or adrenaline activities, tropical beaches or walking and hiking, you'll love Reunion. For birders or those who take pleasure in exploring the hidden corners of France, Reunion Island is an excellent choice for a touring holiday. This itinerary combines the volcano with picturesque towns in magnificent settings and time to relax at the beach, but ...
- Beautiful Indian Island scenery
- Exhilarating hikes
- Stunning waterfalls
- Relax on the lagoon
The ruggedly beautiful mountain scenery of La Reunion and the golden sand beaches of Mauritius are two dream destinations that can easily be combined to make a twin-centre Indian Ocean holiday. The flight between the two islands is just 45 minutes, making the transfer a relaxed affair. The best way to explore Reunion is by hire car as the roads are well-maintained, the scenery breathtaking and you...
The 12-day Rainbow Réunion Honeymoon offers a relaxed experience of this romantic Indian Ocean island. Staying three nights each at two charming guesthouses, both ideally located for exploring the Reunion’s highlights. The focus is on taking in the breathtaking scenery, picturesque mountains, quaint villages and coastal towns. End with four nights on the beach at the LUX* Ile de la Réunion wh...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours