Villa Belle is a delightful and stylish guesthouse in an old part of St-Pierre, in the south of Reunion. Originally an authentic Creole home, with the characteristic verandahs, it retains sizeable grounds of over 3000m2. Villa Belle’s friendly owners spent three years on renovation to provide this elegant, deeply comfortable accommodation at the crossroads of the volcano route and the route to the wild south.
Each of the three suites is named after an orchid. Each provides a king-size bed, air-conditioning and a ceiling fan, television and DVD player, and a mini-bar. The period furnishings date from the great era of sea-trade between Europe and the East; the décor makes use of cream fabrics, old wood and anthracite. Each suite has private facilities with shower, dressing gowns, hairdryer and separate w.c.; and its own small, well-equipped kitchen. Fresh flowers and a fruit bowl welcome you to your room in this lovely and tranquil corner of the island.
Villa Belle has a small pool for guests’ use. The pool terrace is well provided with comfortable sun beds and parasols. You can have breakfast in the beautiful gardens and afternoon tea in the outdoor “salon de thé”. The private “parc” is like botanical gardens and a delight to explore.
The morning meal is lavish, more like brunch: luscious pastries, home-made jams, fresh fruit salad, cheeses, and cold meats or smoked fish. Dinner is served in the gardens or in the dining room (prior booking required).
St-Pierre has a long, white sandy beach. Protected by a coral reef, the lagoon provides safe swimming and good snorkelling. Further along the St-Pierre coast, la pointe-du-Diable attracts surfers and treasure-hunters in search of pirate treasure. The port is alive with fishermen and visitors, and game-fishing can be arranged. You will find dive centres, helicopter trips, mountain guides, and mountain bikes; buildings dating back to the early 18th century, the Terre-Sainte area and markets; and a variety of restaurants and cafés surpassing the diversity reflected by Tamil temples, Chinese pagodas, mosques and churches – and all without leaving St-Pierre!
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours