The beaches on Reunion Island’s western coast are sandy with coral reefs just offshore, and it’s here that many visitors put their feet up for a few days after touring the island on a self-drive holiday. Scuba diving and snorkelling are both excellent here and St-Leu attracts an international surfing crowd due its unusual ‘left hand’ waves. St Gilles-les-Bains is the number one resort with restaurants, cafes and night clubs providing a lively atmosphere when the sun goes down.
If you enjoy spectacular scenery, outdoor pursuits or adrenaline activities, tropical beaches or walking and hiking, you'll love Reunion. For birders or those who take pleasure in exploring the hidden corners of France, Reunion Island is an excellent choice for a touring holiday. This itinerary combines the volcano with picturesque towns in magnificent settings and time to relax at the beach, but ...
- Beautiful Indian Island scenery
- Exhilarating hikes
- Stunning waterfalls
- Relax on the lagoon
The ruggedly beautiful mountain scenery of La Reunion and the golden sand beaches of Mauritius are two dream destinations that can easily be combined to make a twin-centre Indian Ocean holiday. The flight between the two islands is just 45 minutes, making the transfer a relaxed affair. The best way to explore Reunion is by hire car as the roads are well-maintained, the scenery breathtaking and you...
The 12-day Rainbow Réunion Honeymoon offers a relaxed experience of this romantic Indian Ocean island. Staying three nights each at two charming guesthouses, both ideally located for exploring the Reunion’s highlights. The focus is on taking in the breathtaking scenery, picturesque mountains, quaint villages and coastal towns. End with four nights on the beach at the LUX* Ile de la Réunion wh...
Get your hiking boots on, Reunions mountainous landscape and lush primary forest offers both butterfly watchers and seasoned hikers a range of rewarding and exhilarating hikes and walks. Reunion offers beaches, lavishly forested mountains and volcanoes all tightly packed in this small yet modern island. This beach holiday combines a moderately easy hike through spectacular scenery and overnight s...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours