La Varangue was the first boutique hotel in Antananarivo. It occupies a fine Creole home that has been owned by one family for several generations, and takes its name from the verandah (‘varangue’ in Creole), which runs the width of the building. The public areas are decorated with antique oil lamps, lanterns, telephones, cameras and phonographs, creating a warm and cosy atmosphere. The hotel has ...
Relais Des Plateaux is positioned on the outskirts of Antananarivo and is just a ten minute drive away from the airport. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with air-conditioning and mini-bar. All have modern, private, en-suite bathrooms. The hotel has a large outdoor heated pool around which guests can relax on sun loungers and enjoy snacks and drinks. Good meals are served in the spacious restaur...
Location:The property is conveniently located in the heart of the city, set on the hillside with panoramic views.Accommodation:The 48 rooms are simply decorated, all equipped with TV, safe, bath and hairdryer. Amemities:There is a sparkling outdoor swimming pool with terrace; a Spa offering massages and beauty treatments and gymnaseum. Free Wi-Fi is offered.Guests enjoy relaxing on the large ter...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours