While its better known as a wildlife destination, Madagascar and its offshore islands have some gorgeous, sandy beaches and in places, there are still reefs teeming with colourful tropical fish. Holidays can combine rainforest hikes and cross-country tours with some down time spent chilling out on a sunbed under a bending palm.
Where to go in Beaches and Islands in Madagascar
- Exquisite, wildlife-rich rainforest at Andasibe-Mantadia National Park - see Lemurs, Chameleons and rare birds
- Sample Malagasy culture in Antananarivo
- Sublime, sunny Baobab Beach
- Rare Sambirano Domain wildlife - lemurs, chameleons and more
- Indri, Parson's chameleon, Blue coua and other flagship species of the east Malagasy rainforests at Andasibe-Mantadia
- Critically Endangered Coquerel's sifakas, Madagascar fish eagles marvellous Baobabs at Anjajavy
- Superb accommodation and exceptional hospitality at remote Anjajavy
- Rest and relaxing time at Anjajavy's sunny beaches
- Mandrare's Ringtails, Sifakas, Baobabs and Spiny bush
- Madagascar's greatest lowland rainforest at Masoala
- Anjajavy's extensive tropical deciduous forest with its Baobabs and rare wildlife
- Top notch hospitality in remote, secluded lodges
Sakatia Lodge is a great value beach property, away from the hustle and bustle of busy Nosy Be. Situated on the southern-side on the island of Nosy Sakatia, this highly popular lodge is a favourite with divers.AccommodationThe lodge has four nature bungalows, four ocean view bungalows, a private family bungalow and a beachfront villa. Each room is simple in design with an en-suite bathroom and pri...
A lovely, small property with 8 rooms, the family-owned and run Antoremba Lodge is at a secluded, white sand beach about 15 - 20 minutes by speedboat from Ankify jetty near Ambanja in the Sambirano Domain.The spacious, airy rooms were constructed utilising natural materials. They are tastefully furnished. Massages are on offer.Antoremba’s location makes it the ideal base from which to take v...
Anjajavy Le Lodge stands beside the beach at the end of a peninsula that extends into a wide bay in the Mozambique Channel. It is a remote and exceptionally beautiful coast, with sandy coves and turquoise waters, and at Anjajavy it borders a superb dry forest reserve protecting a host of unique wildlife. Accommodation The 24 air-conditioned, two-storey villas are built of local rosewood and roofed...
Constance Lodge Tsarabanjina is a boutique beach hotel on the beautiful private island of Nosy Tsarabanjina in the northwest of Madagascar. Edged with dazzling white sand beaches and encircled by coral reefs, Tsarabanjina provides a setting of great natural beauty in which to relax after a tour of Madagascar's national parks. It's also ideal for a luxurious yet off-the-beaten-track honeymoon. Stay...
Princesse Bora Lodge is a superb hotel on the west coast of Ile Ste Marie.Twenty lovely, self-contained villas built of natural materials are set amidst a grove of coconut palms, beside the long white beach at the edge of the lagoon.Owned and run by Francois-Xavier Mayer, whose family has lived on the island since the 1790s, you will find a dedicated and professional team - with good English - rea...
Eden Lodge offers the best of Madagascar in one location:exotic wildlife,excellent snorkelling and adeserted sandy beach with magnificent baobabs. Standing under traditional Malagasy thatched roofs, eight stylish safari-style tents are spread out along a beach on Madagascar’s north coast, close to Nosy Be, but removed from its hubbub. Accommodation The rooms are well finished with four-post...
Tsara Komba is a very stylish hideaway situated on the beautiful island of Nosy Komba in north west Madagascar.An area of secondary forest has been transformed into a lush and beautiful tropical garden featuring eight stylish bungalows, perfect for a romantic retreat.The site was chosen for its exclusivity; and the hotel is small to ensure privacy and a discreet, personal quality of service.Accomm...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours