Tsara Komba is a very stylish hideaway situated on the beautiful island of Nosy Komba in north west Madagascar.
An area of secondary forest has been transformed into a lush and beautiful tropical garden featuring eight stylish bungalows, perfect for a romantic retreat.
The site was chosen for its exclusivity; and the hotel is small to ensure privacy and a discreet, personal quality of service.
The 8 thatched ‘lodges’ are built of traditional materials. They are stylish and have some witty touches. Highly-polished wood is the dominant note, carried through from the floors and walls to the furniture and into the spacious bathroom. Each has a king-size four-poster bed, a safe and a large, furnished verandah overlooking the clear turquoise waters. Six of the 90m2 lodges are set amidst the landscaped gardens on the hillside and can accommodate an additional single bed. The remaining two lodge suites are larger at 120 m2, one at the waters edge and the other with a fantastic view across the bay. They benefit from an additional living room, which can be turned into a second bedroom for families or friends travelling together. The private sun loungers next to the lodge means you never have to leave the comfort of your lodge.
The restaurant offers a varied choice of delicious a la carte dishes prepared from fresh, local ingredients enhanced by Malagasy spices and flavours. The fine food is based on the French culinary tradition, but with a lightness to suit the climate.
The restaurant provides expansive views over the waters, sailed by the occasional pirogue, to the mainland and the Tsaratanana mountain chain. The bar is an ideal spot from which to watch the sun set over the mountains while sipping a cocktail, one of the rums or the special punch.
Activties & Facilities
When not relaxing on your private sunbeds, or swimming from the beach, you can go snorkelling on the reef from a cove a short walk away. The hotel can organise an excursion to the marine reserve island of Nosy Tanikely, where you can snorkel at the reef, swim among colourful tropical fish and have a picnic lunch, too. They arrange scuba diving with one of the professional dive centres on Nosy Be, and both deep-sea and pirogue fishing. You can learn to sail a pirogue, starting with a small, individual vessel; and take the excursion, through the coffee and cocoa plantations, to the market town of Ambanja. Walk up through the forest, inhabited by lemurs, chameleons, and butterflies, to the island’s summit (622m) and savour the magnificent views.
Tsara Komba is accessed by speedboat from Ankify or Nosy Be (about 30 minutes, dependent on weather conditions).
The hillside location makes Tsara Komba unsuitable for people who have difficulty climbing stairs.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours