A lovely, small property with 8 rooms, the family-owned and run Antoremba Lodge is at a secluded, white sand beach about 15 - 20 minutes by speedboat from Ankify jetty near Ambanja in the Sambirano Domain.
The spacious, airy rooms were constructed utilising natural materials. They are tastefully furnished. Massages are on offer.
Antoremba’s location makes it the ideal base from which to take very popular excursions such as to the Nosy Tanikely Marine Reserve island and also Lokobe National Park on south-east Nosy Be. Various land and water-based activities can be organised at the lodge: these include hikes in Sambirano forest (duration about 3 hours). Guests who want to get to know something about everyday life in the Sambirano can venture out to Doany and see forest, small wildlife and plantations. Or take a trip to Nosy Mamoko for its Sakalava fishing village and waterfall pool.
There is also the increasingly visited Plantation Millot, accessed by road and boat. At this sizeable estate, cocoa, aromatic herbs and spices are cultivated. (But be sure to pre-book/pre-arrange this particular excursion).
Food and service at Antoremba are both excellent and the lodge is receiving very good feedback from our clients.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours