This is a region of empty beaches and deserted coves and turquoise waters of infinite subtle hues, of magnificent dry deciduous forest where baobabs are interspersed with ebonies, palissandre and rich mangroves. There are isolated Vezo fishing villages where the sails of pirogues are constantly silhouetted against the horizon. It's an area rich in lemur, rare birds, amazing reptiles and even the solitary fosa. There are strange and wonderful tsingy and extraordinary sacred islets. On this remote and fragile peninsula, Anjajavy Le Lodge and its splendid dry forest reserve, is an area of outstanding natural beauty in northwest Madagascar. In many ways it offers a microcosm of Madagascar and the lodge is one of the best in the country, making this an ideal option for those wanting to minimise the time they spend travelling whilst looking for a mix of both time on an Indian Ocean beach and superb wildlife. You can read more about Anjajavy Hotel here
Image of Moramba Bay by Louise Jasper for Anjajavy.
- Indri, Parson's chameleon, Blue coua and other flagship species of the east Malagasy rainforests at Andasibe-Mantadia
- Critically Endangered Coquerel's sifakas, Madagascar fish eagles marvellous Baobabs at Anjajavy
- Superb accommodation and exceptional hospitality at remote Anjajavy
- Rest and relaxing time at Anjajavy's sunny beaches
- Mandrare's Ringtails, Sifakas, Baobabs and Spiny bush
- Madagascar's greatest lowland rainforest at Masoala
- Anjajavy's extensive tropical deciduous forest with its Baobabs and rare wildlife
- Top notch hospitality in remote, secluded lodges
Anjajavy Le Lodge stands beside the beach at the end of a peninsula that extends into a wide bay in the Mozambique Channel. It is a remote and exceptionally beautiful coast, with sandy coves and turquoise waters, and at Anjajavy it borders a superb dry forest reserve protecting a host of unique wildlife. Accommodation The 24 air-conditioned, two-storey villas are built of local rosewood and roofed...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours