Vakona Forest Lodge is family run and has been a popular choice for many years, due to its proximity to the National Parks of Andasibe and Mantadia. It is one of four comfortable but no-frills lodges that we recommend servicing this 'must see' rainforest area. Accommodation The lodge has 28 bungalows, spread around a garden overlooking a small lake. Rooms can be set up as a double, twin, triple...
One of the most sought- after accommodations servicing Andasibe-Mantadia National Park, this lodge, under the same ownership as Couleur Café in Antsirabe, was opened in early 2018. The lodge is located on a slope overlooking (at least some) rainforest. Accommodation is in the form of 25, tastefully designed, ultra-modern rooms: 10 are twin and 1 is also a family suite. All of the rooms have mode...
A 4-star property, Manjarano Lodge & Spa is located in a 180 ha property in close proximity to Andasibe, Analamzaotra and Mantadia National Park. Accommodation is in the form of 10 en-suite chalets, of which 6 are lakeside and a further four on the hillside. Of modern design, each chalet has a large private balcony from where panoramic lake views and lovely sunsets can be enjoyed. The rooms are ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours