The lodge is located on a slope overlooking (at least some) rainforest. Accommodation is in the form of 25, tastefully designed, ultra-modern rooms: 10 are twin and 1 is also a family suite.
All of the rooms have modern, en-suite bathrooms and a private terrace with chairs.
In the main building, there is a modern restaurant with a convivial bar. In sunny/dry weather meals can also be enjoyed outside on the terrace. Food is highly praised and the service friendly.
The lodge has an infinity pool and massages are on offer.
In 2022, the lodge's annex, Relais de Mantadia, was opened. It is located just 5 minutes' drive from Mantadia Lodge and set on a hillside, with its own restaurant and bar; 18 air-conditioned, en-suite rooms, each with private terrace. It also has an infinity pool and spa, in the same style as Mantadia Lodge and receives equally good reviews. (November 2023 update)
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Malagasy culture in vibrant Antananarivo
- Indri, Parson's chameleon and other rainforest denizens of Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Endangered endemic birds in Black River Gorges NP (Mauritius)
- Exploring colourful underwater life and enjoying rest & relaxation time in Mauritius
- Indris, Verreaux's sifakas, Ringtails and other Lemurs galore!
- Colourful chameleons, geckos and a plethora of tree frogs
- Woolly, Dwarf and Mouse lemurs during night walks
- Mesites, Couas, Ground-rollers, Asities, Vangas and other endemic birds
- Highlands culture: the Merina and Betsileo people
- Rainforest wildlife in Ranomafana and Andasibe-Mantadia National Parks
- The ringtailed lemurs of Anja
- Hiking in spectacular surrounds at Isalo National Park
- Luxuriant rainforest at Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Tsingy limestone pinnacle-fields and caves at Ankarana
- Rare wildlife including lemurs, chameleons and endemic birds
- Relaxing at remote and secluded Baobab Beach
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours