- Malagasy culture in vibrant Antananarivo
- Indri, Parson's chameleon and other rainforest denizens of Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Endangered endemic birds in Black River Gorges NP (Mauritius)
- Exploring colourful underwater life and enjoying rest & relaxation time in Mauritius
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
For a relaxed beach holiday with a twist, you cannot beat this trip which combines lemur spotting in a beautiful rainforest in Madagascar with a beach break on the tropical island of Mauritius.
In Madagascar, you stay in a remote lodge near the wildlife hotspot of Andasibe-Mantadia National Park. This lush, verdant rainforest is home to numerous species of lemur, chameleon and bird and you will enjoy exploring a number of exciting trails with an English speaking private guide.
In Mauritius, one of the hotels***our clients enjoy is the Veranda Paul et Virginie Hotel & Spa, where you can relax at the beach or by the pool. Excellent facilities mean you can partake in a variety of sporting activities, as well as spa treatments. Cuisine is a highlight. Meal plan at this particular hotel is Fully Inclusive.
During your time in Mauritius, we highly recommend an excursion to Black River Gorges National Park, a tropical Mahogany forest remnant that is home to some of the world's rarest and most endangered birds, like Pink pigeon, Echo parakeet, Mauritius kestrel, Mauritius cuckoo-shrike, Mauritius olive white-eye and Mauritius fody. Ask us for details, if you wish to arrange a visit to this forest; we'd be delighted to assist.
Another day trip our clients enjoy is to the offshore islet Ile Aux Aigrettes, a predator-free sanctuary which holds populations of endangered Mauritian birds such as Pink pigeon and endemic reptiles such as Telfair's skink. (You can learn more about the inspirational conservation efforts of the remaining Mauritian birds, reptiles and their habitats on the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust's website).
*** This is just sample itinerary to provide guidance as to logistics and experiences, so should you prefer to stay in another hotel in Mauritius, do let us know and we'll quote accordingly.
Day 1 Flight: UK - Mauritius - Antananarivo
Day 2 Mauritius - Antananarivo (flight)
Day 3 Antananarivo - Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
Day 4 Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
Day 5 Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
Day 6 Andasibe- Antananarivo - Mauritius
Day 7 Mauritius
Day 8 Mauritius
Day 10 10 - Mauritius
Day 12 - Mauritius
Day 13 13 - Departure back to UK
Day 14 Arrival home
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours