The Iwokrama forest’s ecosystem teems with plant species as well as animal species that are under threat.Guests stay here at the Field Station which has eight of comfortable thatched cabins, all with private facilities. Wrap-around verandas with hammocks overlook the Essequibo River.The restaurant serves traditional food, and there is a gift shop and general shop nearby.From Iwokrama there a...
Atta Rainforest Lodge is located in the heart of the Iwokrama Forest Reserve in Guyana, only a short distance from the Iwokrama canopy walkway; a great place to see the flora, fauna and birds of the rainforest.The lodge is constructed using natural materials and offers only eight rooms each with private bathroom, fresh and delicious meals and a bar.Visitors to the lodge can enjoy bird-watching, wa...
Surama Eco-Lodge is uniquely located inside the village of Surama bordering Iwokrama and the Pakaraima Mountains and is the home of an Amerindian community.There are eight simple and basic benabs (cottages) which offer running water and comfortable stays yet the highlight of your stay in the Surama Eco-Lodge will be the surrounding area and tours offered including, hiking excursions and a visit to...
Rock View Lodge is a lovely property owned by an Englishman with a passion for Guyana!Located nearby to the villages of Annai and Rupertee, Rock View Lodge is a great spot from where you can visit the Iwokrama rainforest and canopy walkway as well as, neighbouring villages.You may enjoy hiking or bird-watching in this area and returning to Rock View Lodge to relax in the pool and at the bar....
Karanambu Lodge, once a 110-square mile cattle ranch is located in North Rupununi beside the meandering Rupunini River.Simple Amerindian style accommodation consists of claybrick thatched huts with verandah, twin beds, and an attached washroom featuring a cool shower and flushing toilet. Electricity is produced by solar power and available during specific time slots.Landscapes around the lodge dis...
Nestled on the Mighty Essequibo River, and covering 187 acres, Baganara Island Resort is the ideal spot to escape during your Guyana holiday.The resort consists of 15 simply furnished rooms cocooned within nature. Within the resorts lush green gardens you will find numerous fruit trees, an abundance of flowering plants, countless species of birds along with occasional surprises such as sloth and a...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours