Surama Eco-Lodge is uniquely located inside the village of Surama bordering Iwokrama and the Pakaraima Mountains and is the home of an Amerindian community.
There are eight simple and basic benabs (cottages) which offer running water and comfortable stays yet the highlight of your stay in the Surama Eco-Lodge will be the surrounding area and tours offered including, hiking excursions and a visit to the Burro-Burro River.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Spectacular Kaieteur Falls
- Iwokrama Jungle Hikes, Boat Trips & Canopy Walkway
- Spot the Elusive Jaguar
- Makushi Village of Surama
- Spot the Guianan Cock-of-the-Rock
- Search for Harpy Eagle
- Admire the Jabiru Stork
- Black Currasow
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours