Nestled on the Mighty Essequibo River, and covering 187 acres, Baganara Island Resort is the ideal spot to escape during your Guyana holiday.
The resort consists of 15 simply furnished rooms cocooned within nature. Within the resorts lush green gardens you will find numerous fruit trees, an abundance of flowering plants, countless species of birds along with occasional surprises such as sloth and armadillo.
Baganara Island Resort offers a range of activities from beach volleyball and board games and for the more energetic kayaking and scavenger hunts. There is also plenty of hammocks to kick back, relax and unwind and simply enjoy the natural environment.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours