Buhoma Lodge is one of the original lodges in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, situated diagonally opposite the park entrance, about five minute’s walk to the gorilla trekking start point.
The elevated main areas allow for guests to savour spectacular views over the tropical rainforest. There is a cosy lounge, dining room and fireplace around which to gather in the evenings.
The proprietors have commendable environmental and social policies in place, with local sourced ingredients utilised wherever possible; solar power and staff being locally employed and trained. There is free wifi in public areas.
Each of the eight spacious cottages have comfy beds and a private verandah, en- suite flush loo, hot shower and some have bath tubs in addition. Children and families are welcome.
A solar power system provides lighting for the rooms and communal areas but some electricity for charging equipment.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi
- Tree-climbing Lions in Ishasha
- Abundant game-viewing in Mweya
- Chimp tracking in Chamburu Gorge
- The thundering Murchison Falls
- Rhino tracking at Ziwa
- Big cats and big game in Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth National Parks
- Chimp tracking in Kibale Forest
- Spending time with one of Bwindi's habituated family groups of Mountain gorilla - an unforgettable wildlife experience!
- Comfortable accommodation and excellent hospitality
- Mountain gorillas at Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Prolific game viewing at Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Diverse birdlife including a selection of Albertine Rift Endemic species
- Quintessential African bush scenery in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Awe-inspiring encounter with Mountain gorillas
- Tracking wild Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest
- Carnivores and ungulates in Queen Elizabeth NP
- Birdlife galore!
- Predators and plains game in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Gorilla tracking in Bwindi, Uganda
- Luxuriating at the beach in Zanzibar
- Some Zanzibari culture in Stone Town
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours