Situated within the Plaine des Palmistes, the Ferme Auberge du Pommeau is a simple hotel offering comfortable rooms.The service at the auberge is friendly and helpful. The property is only a twenty minute drive from the road to the Piton de la Fournaise volcano (Furnace Peak), so well placed if you are planning a day hike up the volcano....
Hotel Les Geranuims is a friendly, simple 25-bedroom hotel on the Plaine des Cafres, which makes an excellent base if you intend to hike the Piton de la Fournaise.It is about an hour’s drive from the hotel to the Pas de Bellecombe. The hotel has a very good Creole French restaurant; its windows have panoramic views of snow-covered Piton des Neiges, the highest peak in the Indian Ocean.The ro...
Diana Dea is a sleek and modern boutique lodge set within a 150 hectare park, in the hills above the Sainte-Anne village. The Sunday Times described Diana Dea as the "most chic new hotel on the island, tucked away on a hill over looking Ste Anne and the east coast; the island's best bargain".And its certainly one of our favourites, not least because it is well positioned as a base fo...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours