Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel situated adjacent to the citadel of Machu Picchu. The property provides a range of comfortable rooms and suites and of course a premium location. Rooms are well appointed and some offer views of the surrounding mountains. The surrounding gardens are filled with native plants and flowers, perfect for enjoying sunsets and dawns when the crowds have left for ...
Sumaq Hotel is located at the bottom of Machu Picchu village overlooking the river, as well as being just a couple of minutes walk from the point where the buses set off for Machu Picchu. There are 59 spacious rooms many with balconies and views of the rushing Vilcanota River and surrounding steamy valley. Golds, mahogany and maroons are married together and give a feeling of regal elegance throug...
Casa del Sol is located just 5 minutes walk from the train station in Aguas Calientes and alongside the fast flowing Vilcanota River. The 28 comfortable rooms feature textile art on the walls and soft alpaca throws. The Manka restaurant overlooks the river and serves local Peruvian food, prepared using regionally sourced ingredients. There is also a spa with hydrotherapy pool, dry sauna, steam and...
El MaPi Hotel is an excellent hotel choice with a welcoming atmosphere in the heart of Aguas Calientes, the village below Machu Picchu. The property is small and informal; ideal for the night whilst visiting the famous Inca citadel. The 122 rooms feature white washed walls, turquoise furnishings and pine doors; each are stylish, contemporary and have all modern amenities. Bathrooms are simple and ...
Located in Aguas Calientes, just steps from the train station and in the valley immediately below Machu Picchu, Inkaterra Machu Picchu hotel is set in 12 acres of private tropical gardens, which showcase many different types of orchid. This first-class boutique property, with 85 spacious cottages, has a fabulous range of accommodation. The colonial style buildings, cobbled pathways and jungle sett...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours