Restored to its original grandeur, this colonial mansion is one of the finest hotels in Arequipa’s historic centre, and is as much a living museum as it is hotel. Inhabiting the 1794 former Mint House, a national historic monument, it was meticulously restored and remodelled in 2008 after a century of neglect, and features vaulted ceilings, colonial courtyards and an elegant restaurant. Five...
Hotel Katari is a charming, colonial style hotel in a fantastic location, right on the main Plaza de Armas in the heart of Arequipa. Katari’s stylish 15 rooms showcase the unique fusion of Spanish and Andean culture with warm colours, colonial furniture and rich locally inspired textiles. Katari spa offers a range of Andean treatments. The onsite restaurant serves local cuisine and there is a roof...
Costa del Sol Arequipa (formerly Libertador) is a grand colonial style property situated about 15 minutes from the centre of Arequipa, in the middle of the Selva Alegre Park. Built in 1940, this hotel is equipped with a gym, sauna, Jacuzzi, a large outdoor pool and lovely gardens. The en-suite rooms are spacious and elegantly decorated with antiques and colonial style in keeping with the city'...
Casa Andina Classic is situated 6 blocks away (5-10 minutes walk) from the Plaza de Armas, in a quieter area of Arequipa just north of the main square. The hotel offers 104 comfortable rooms; it is one of the largest in the city. A buffet breakfast, lunch and a la carte dinner is served in the large ground floor restaurant. The 4th floor offers a terrace with exceptional views of the city and surr...
Situated on the historic Plaza de Armas; Arequipa's main square, the Casa Andina Select is a great base to explore the city. Its 58 rooms spread across 5 floors are modern, bright and contemporary. Black and white images of Arequipa and the surrounding landscapes decorate the walls. The hotel features a small restaurant on site - La Plaza Bar & Grill and is within short walking distance of Arequip...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours