Step back in time at Central Hotel, where Panama's history lies just outside the door in the charming Casco Viejo (the city's old quarter). Built nearly 150 years ago, facing the beautiful Plaza de la Indepencia, the hotel was the first in the country at the time of its opening back in 1874. Each of the p 135 rooms are tastefully appointed with Panamanian-style furniture and offer the perfect blend of colonial-era charm and modern comfort. All rooms feature coffeemakers, fully stocked mini-bars, TVs, comfy bathrobes, free Wi-Fi and luxurious linens. There is a rooftop pool offering unbeatable views over this historic area with poolside lounge bar for refreshing cocktails and snacks. Choose from 2 restaurants; 9 Reinas - an excellent Argentine restaurant or La Central offering a wide variety of seasonal dishes.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Panama City & the Canal
- Charming Antigua
- Imposing Arenal Volcano
- Spectacular Lake Atitlán
This itinerary combines the highlights of Colombia and Panama. Explore the historic centre of Panama City, the Casco Viejo, built in 1673. Admire French, Spanish and Italian influences through its architecture. Journey along the canal on a half day transit aboard the Pacific Queen and experience something truly unique, taking in the canal and its operation. Catch a flight to Bogotá, Colombia's exc...
Our Best of Panama itinerary takes in Panama City and the canal, cloud forest treks, coffee tours, and time on the beach at the beautiful islands of Bocas del Toro. The centre of Panama City has been newly renovated and you are based right in the heart of the old town. Next you travel to the western highlands and explore the Boquete Cloud Forest. This area offers some of the most picturesque walk...
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours