Best Time To Visit
When to go
The best time to visit is between December and May.
There are no direct flights to Nicaragua from the UK.The best way to get to Managua is on a US airline, such as American Airlines, who fly on a daily basis via their hubs in the US.
GMT -6 hours
British passport holders do not require visas to enter Nicaragua, although if you fly via the US, the ESTA will be compulsory.
There are no compulsory vaccinations required to enter Nicaragua. Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website for details of recommended vaccinations for your destination.
Things To Do
- Explore colonial León and Granada
- Relax on the volcanic island of Ometepe
- Shop for a hammock at the folkloric market in Masaya
- Experience authentic Creole culture
- Take a trip to the beautiful Corn Islands beaches
We recommend seeing Lake Nicaragua, Central America's largest body of fresh water and home to Las Isletas Archipelago and Isla Ometepe. The Isla Ometepe has charming villages, two volcanoes, cloud forests and tropical beaches.
Spend a few days relaxing on one of Nicaragua's lovely beaches at Morgan's Rock's, San Juan del Sur or the Corn Islands.
Round off your holiday with some shopping at Masaya's folkloric market, famous for its hammocks, hand-made wood and leather goods.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours