Perched on the edge of the Grootberg Plateau, overlooking the Klip River Valley, Grootberg Lodge has spectacular views.
Situated on a large private concession, this welcoming lodge is fully owned by the local Khoadi/Hoas community.
Built from rock and thatch, the 12 chalets are tastefully furnished, all with small private decks that look out over the gorge. Well positioned for self-drivers – roughly midway between Etosha and Swakopmund – there is much to do here.
Guided walks on the plateau, scenic drives, hikes to the Klip River Springs, elephant and Black rhino tracking, are all offered, as well as visits to a traditional Himba settlement. Experienced riders can explore on horseback
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours