- Aye ayes and Ruffed lemurs at Le Palmarium
- Indri, Diademed Sifaka and various nocturnal Lemurs in Andasibe-Mantadia
- Fosa, Fork-marked lemurs and Baobabs at Kirindy
- Leaftailed geckoes and chameleons at Montagne d'Ambre
- Kirindy Forest's famed Baobabs and rare wildlife
- Awe inspiring rock formations in Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park
- Remote, coastal Belo Sur Mer for beach and Kirindy Mitea National Park
- Snorkelling at Nosy Andravoho
- Grand tsingy formations at Tsingy de Bemaraha
- Wildlife at Kirindy Forest - Fosa, Verreaux's sifaka; nocturnal lemurs and more
- Whale-watching (July - August) at Ste Marie
- Majestic Grandidier's baobabs
Visitors to the wonderful Kirindy Forest now have the choice of accommodation with a very welcome (in spring/summer) swimming pool.Relais du Kirindy was opened in 2017 and is set adjacent to a Sakalava-Menabe village about 25- 30 minutes' drive from the forest.Accommodation consists of 20 simple, neat, en-suite bungalows, constructed out of wood and other natural materials. Windows are netted ...
**** NOTE (Feb 2023 update): this lodge is in the process of being completely refurbished and upgraded so is currently not taking bookings **** In Marofandilia forest, about 44km north of Morondava, this camp, managed by proactive NGO Fanamby (the Malagasy 'arm' of Conservation International) and part of the Akiba Lodges group, provides good accommodation for visitors to Menabe Antimena Protected...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours