Less in the public eye a few years back, recent TV coverage has brought Madagascar to a wider audience. The adorable lemurs, each adapted to their specific habitats, were the stars of both the Attenborough series on Madagascar and the Martin Clunes' programme, The Lemurs of Madagascar. Madagascar's unique wildlife is a result of continent separation approximately 88 million years ago which has allowed the wildlife to develop unimpeded by outside influences. A Madagascar honeymoon can include both wildlife trekking to see the unique flora and fauna, touring the scenic landscapes and relaxing on a gorgeous Indian Ocean beach for you and your partner to relax on.
Our popular Madagascar honeymoon experiences include time at one of the luxury beach hotels after exploring one or two of the wildlife-rich habitats. Properties such as Anjajavy Le Lodge; Constance Tsarabanjina and Tsara Komba in the Northwest - as well as Masoala Forest Lodge in the North-east (where this photo was taken), all have both idyllic, fine sand beaches with wildlife reserves nearby, ideal if you both like a wide range of activities beyond the ocean. The lodges we feature are mostly highly conscious of conservation issues and contribute to the local communities, often giving a proportion of profit to support local schools, maintain roads and support the environment – so your honeymoon in Madagascar can also make a positive difference. The selection mentioned here all bring a high level of comfort to remote, discreet locations.
Our long relationship with our partners in Madagascar means that we’re able to offer the best travel guides and drivers, which hugely contribute to the quality of experience that you will both receive on your Madagascar honeymoon. By contacting one of our specialist team of well-traveled Madagascar honeymoon experts, we’d be able to advise on and plan a honeymoon itinerary that gets the balance of activity and relaxation right for both of your needs. For adventurous couples we can tailor-make Madagascar honeymoons that take you further afield to more remote reserves where you see highly threatened and endangered species.
For first-hand advice on Madagascar honeymoons, ring our Madagascar travel specialists on 020 666 1252 or send us an enquiry to start planning your trip.
- Exquisite, wildlife-rich rainforest at Andasibe-Mantadia National Park - see Lemurs, Chameleons and rare birds
- Sample Malagasy culture in Antananarivo
- Sublime, sunny Baobab Beach
- Rare Sambirano Domain wildlife - lemurs, chameleons and more
- Malagasy culture in vibrant Antananarivo
- Indri, Parson's chameleon and other rainforest denizens of Andasibe-Mantadia National Park
- Endangered endemic birds in Black River Gorges NP (Mauritius)
- Exploring colourful underwater life and enjoying rest & relaxation time in Mauritius
- Madagascar's sole ultra-luxurious property
- Sweeping, white-sand beaches
- Abundant marine life from whales to vibrant coral reefs
- Lemurs, Chameleons and other rare animal oddities
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours