About an hour by motorised boat from Manambato village (which in turn is about 4 - 5 hours drive east of Andasibe on roads that include some rough sections following cyclone damage in 2022 and 2023) or 2h,30min - 3hr motorised boat transfer from Port Fluvial, Tamatave, this simple, relaxed and no-frills lodge is on the shores of tranquil Lac Ampitabe Lac Ampitabe is part of the Pangalanes Canal,...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours