Gheralta Lodge is located at Hawzen, 2 hours by four-wheel drive vehicle from Mekelle airport in northern Ethiopia, this owner-run lodge is arguably Ethiopia’s most sought-after property, so visitors are advised to book long in advance.In the Gerhalta area (named after the mountains), you can visit some fascinating rock-hewn churches from where there are stunning views over the surrounding c...
TESFA has long been operating highly regarded community village walks in in Tigray (near Adigrat, accessed from Axum or Mekelle), as well as in the Wollo region around Lalibela. If you want a more immersive experience and wish to venture off the beaten tourist track, then this presents a wonderful choice. During these community village walks, guests are accommodated in huts or tukuls which are bas...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours