Located in the Otavalo Region just two hours north of the capital Quito, Hacienda Zuleta is a colonial working family run farm which has been in the family of former president Galo Palza Lasso for over a hundred years. The hacienda has a peaceful atmosphere and guests can relax in the fabulous gardens, cosy living and reading rooms and inner courtyard. There are 15 beautifully decorated bedrooms, each with their own fire place and private bath. The farm produces a wealth of organic foods, from artichokes and quinoa to dairy and meats, and guests can enjoy home cooked meals lovingly prepared by the family during their stay.
There are a great variety of activities available at Hacienda Zuleta, with horseback riding being their speciality. There are extensive mountain trails for trekking and mountain biking, and horse drawn carriages available for visits around the hacienda. Guests are also invited to visit the Andean Condor rehabilitation centre, as well as various education and conservation projects around the area.
The warmth and hospitality of the Plaza family provides guests with an intimate and authentic Ecuadorian experience, making you feel like one of the family.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours