An ideal choice for visitors wanting to enjoy some time exploring the lower Kinabatangan River, this relaxed riverside property has 12 airconditioned, en-suite chalets connected by a wooden walkway. Management diligently adheres to enviromentally-friendly operating practices. Shower and basin water for instance, is treated, while rainwater is collected and used in the toilets. Guests may choose to...
This rustic lodge is supported on stilts, in a tranquil setting by the Kinabatangan River. (The lodge is 47km from the river mouth and away from busy Sukau and is an hour's boat ride from Sandakan Jetty). Wildlife aplenty awaits guests in the immediate vicinity of the lodge, from where wonderful boat trips can be enjoyed. Much can also be seen from the wooden walkways and the birding/wildlife ...
Accessible only by a boat ride through Malaysia's second longest river, this property is an ideal base for wildlife and nature enthusiasts.The eco-friendly lodge utilises solar panels for water heating and promotes sustainable tourism through conscious efforts to minimise its impacton the environment and projects to help the local community.The rich wildlife and biodiversity can be discovered ...
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours