A Belize honeymoon is arguably the perfect example of a textbook reef and rainforest holiday. Formerly known as British Honduras and located between Guatemala and Mexico on Central America’s Caribbean coast, Belize has some of the best beaches in the region.
The offshore cayes, or atolls, and the 185 mile long barrier reef, form the focus of most Belize honeymoons. Amergris Caye and Caye Caulker are two of the most popular island resorts where activities include snorkelling, fishing and diving. From here it is easy to take excursions to other marine parks and cayes, including spectacular diving at the famous Blue Hole. Inland, particularly in the western rainforest areas are literally littered with Mayan ruins, with Caracol the most famous.
For advice and to book a Belize honeymoon, contact our specialist Latin America team.
- Jungle experience in the Cayo District
- Beautiful accommodation throughout
- Wildlife spotting opportunities both on land and at sea
- Stunning white beaches of Ambergris Caye
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours