Best Time To Visit
When to go
The best time to visit Belize is between December and May. Outside these months there can be prolonged periods of rain although the area is hot and humid all year round.
There are no direct flights from the UK, however a number of US airlines fly to Belize via their hubs in the USA.
GMT - 6 hours
British passport holders do not require visas to enter Belize, although if you fly via the US, the ESTA will be required.
There are no compulsory vaccinations required to enter Belize. Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website for details of recommended vaccinations for your destination.
Things To Do
- Dive Belize’s Blue Hole
- Kayak in the sea at Glover's Reef
- Stroll around Caracol, the country’s renowned Mayan site
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours