Chinzombo is the creation of architects Silvio Rech & Lesley Carstens, who also designed luxury gems such as North Island in the Seychelles and Little Vumbura. Modernist architectural forms are combined with regional materials to create something completely new in bush-camps.
The camp is set in 60 acres of private of private land and comprise six spacious villas are nestled under the shade of ancient trees on bend in the Luangwa River, which teems with wildlife. The villas are connected to the lounge and dining area by a winding footpath. Modernist steel famed structures contrast against the natural materials used in the furnishings and interior, yet they complement each other in a unique way.
Each villa offers spacious living areas, luxurious bathrooms and private plunge pools overlooking the Luangwa, watch wildlife wander passed and drink from the banks of the river from the luxury of your accommodation.
Chinzombo is open year round and only one hour from Mfuwe Airport. The lodge offers private access into one of the most game rich areas of the National Park. Chinzombo combines perfectly with Mchenja ad Luwi camps to create an incredible Norman Carr Safari experience.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours