Little Vumbura ,on the north-eastern edge of Botswana’s Okavango Delta and surrounded by water, has both wetland and savannah habitats, which provides consistently good game viewing all year round.
This safari camp is small, extremely friendly and, because animals can wander freely through the camp, visitors say they feel especially close to the African bush here. Sandy pathways beneath the shady canopy of the ancient Okavango forest link the tented bedrooms to the bar/lounge and dining areas.
The six tented bedrooms are roomy, all with shower, basin and flush toilet as well as outdoor shower for that back-to-nature feel. One room - often called the honeymoon suite, but perfect for all romantics - has a private outdoor, Victorian-style bathtub so that you can have a relaxing soak whilst surveying the vast watery plains of the Okavango.
This camp is in great demand, so book early.
The year round game viewing includes regular sightings of elephants and hippos, as well as lechwe, waterbuck, kudu, sable, tsessebbe and buffalo, closely followed by their predators, lion, leopard, wild dog and cheetah. The abundant birdlife includes Kingfishers, Jacana, Slaty egrets, Reed cormorants and Open-bill and Saddle-billed storks.
Open 4WD vehicles allow you to get close to animals in the savannah areas, and water-based activities on the nearby river channels include mokoro and boat trips, all of which are expertly poled and guided. Walks (on request) give you the opportunity to enjoy the bush from a different perspective.
Children are welcome from eight years. The relaxed atmosphere at Little Vumbura makes this is an ideal camp for children as the staff say they go out of their way to accommodate the eating preferences of their younger guests. Game drives including children between 8 -12 years must be private and there may be an extra charge for this service. For advice on family-friendly safari options, ring our consultants.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours