Perched on Nteko Ridge overlooking the distant peaks of the Virungas to one side and the forest-clad slopes of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to the other side, this superb property is one of our firm favourites.
It is only one of only two lodges on the Bwindi south side, which is well away from the crowds. Gorilla tracking in this area is superb.
There are eight en-suite terraced rooms and two private en-suite cottages. Additionally there are four safari tents, sensitively constructed using local materials with shared facilities. The main building has dining area, open air cultural performance area and fair–trade community market.
The proprietor works closely with the local community to ensure authenticity of the cultural experiences; they support local producers and are the first and only lodge to date in Uganda to obtain a carbon neutral status, an exemplary accolade, particularly for such a remote location.
Aside from gorilla tracking, guests can enjoy exceptional hiking in beautiful surrounds, wonderful birding (many of the sought-after forest-dependent Albertine Rift Endemics are found here), sensitively arranged visits to the Batwa people and canoe trips on scenic Lake Mutanda nearby. The lodge is also an excellent start point to the increasingly popular Ivi Trail, which ends at Buhoma.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours