- Mountain Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking
- Lions, elephants, buffalo, hippos and antelopes galore
- Superb equatorial African birdwatching!
- Wildlife conservation presentations by rangers, guides & wardens
- Exquisite landscapes
- Authentic cultural experiences
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
We are immensely proud to present this truly inspirational and immersive set, small group tour for Sept 2023 and Sept 2024. Our itinerary takes a maximum of 6 lucky participants in two 4WD vehicles on the journey of a lifetime - one which is filled with awe-inspiring wildlife encounters, stunning scenery and warm, hospitable people.
Apart from taking in an array of unforgettable wildlife sightings, the tour allows you to delve deeper into the relationship between the wildlife, the park authorities and the permanently resident communities. Spend time tracking endangered Mountain gorillas in Uganda and/or Rwanda, something with which few wildlife experiences anywhere in the world can compare.
Learn about Mountain gorilla and wildlife conservation through the eyes of the local rangers, the guides, wardens and various specialists during talks, presentations, and discussions with the Gorilla Doctors/Mountain Gorilla Veterinary Project; the Lion Monitoring/Uganda Carnivore Predator Programme, and the Conservation Through Public Health (CTPH) organisation. Enjoy authentic cultural experiences with the Batwa in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, and at the Ndere Centre in Kampala.
Group Size: min. 4 - max. 6 participants.
Sept 2023 tour: 1 Space Available.
Sept 2024 tour: Available: Dates 06 - 22 Sept 2024. (The 2024 itinerary is 1 night longer than 2023)
Day 1 06 Sept 2023: London Heathrow - Kigali
Day 2 07 Sept 2023: Kigali - Volcanoes National Park
Day 3 08 Sept 2023: Rwanda Gorilla Tracking or Golden Monkey Trek
Day 4 09 Sept 2023: Lakes Chahafi & Kayumbu - Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
Day 5 10 Sept 2023: Uganda Gorilla Tracking!
Day 6 11 Sept 2023: Nkuringo - Buhoma, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Day 7 12 Sept 2023: Ishasha - Mweya, Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 8 13 Sept 2023: Uganda Carnivore/Lion Monitoring Programme
Day 9 14 Sept 2023: Mweya, Queen Elizabeth National Park
Day 10 15 Sept 2023: Chimpanzee Habituation Experience & Chimpanzee Trek
Day 11 16 Sept 2023: Kibale Forest National Park - Murchison Falls National Park
Day 12 17 Sept 2023: Game Drives & Murchison Falls Boat Trip
Day 13 18 Sept 2023: Presentation Talk with UWA Ranger & Afternoon Game Drive
Day 14 19 Sept 2023: Murchison Falls National Park - Kampala
Day 15 20 Sept 2023: Kampala - Entebbe
Day 16 21 Sept 2023: London Heathrow
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours