- Lalibela's incredible rock-hewn churches
- Enchanting 17th century castles at Gondar
- Spectacular scenery in Simien Mountains
- Island monasteries of Lake Tana
- Accommodation Throughout
- Travel Guide
- Car Hire
This private, tailor-made, individual tour can be done throughout the year and the itinerary can be amended to suit your individual interests and requirements. Visit Ethiopia's best- known historical attractions. These included the incredible rock hewn churches of Lalibela; the marvellous 17th century castles in Gondar and the island monasteries in Lake Tana. This phenomenal selection of sites has attracted travellers to the region for centuries. In addition, Ethiopia has spectacular scenery including some of Africa's highest mountains.
You will visit the Simien Mountains, for some of the continent's finest mountain scenery. Endemic mammals and birds, and a variety of contrasting habitats add a fascinating natural dimension to our historical itineraries. The diverse ethnic groups create a culture rich in ceremony and ritual.
If you are travelling in mid January you can experience Timket, the country's most widely celebrated annual festival.Or if you travel in September you can witness Meskel, which too, is spectacular. As with all our Ethiopia tours, this itinerary ends with an evening feast complete with traditional music from the many regions. Visitors will receive a warm welcome and our English-speaking escort-guides, will ensure a hassle-free holiday. Ethiopia can be visited year round but try if you can, to avoid the rainy season in July and August.
Note: currently we are not including Axum or the Tigray region in the far north of the country, in our itineraries. Please contact us for an updated, bespoke quotation.
Day 1 International flight to Addis Ababa
Day 1 Take the overnight flight from Lond...
Day 2 Addis Ababa
Day 3 Flight to Bahir Dar
Day 4 Bahir Dar and Lake Tana
Day 5 Bahir Dar to Simien Mountains National Park
Day 6 Simien Mountains National Park
Day 7 Simien Mountains to Gondar
Day 8 Gondar - Lalibela (flight)
Day 9 Lalibela
Day 10 Lalibela - Addis Ababa (flight)
Day 11 Departure
- Return International Flights as per the itinerary
- All airport taxes and security charges
- Accommodation and meals as specified
- Transfers as specified
- Activities and excursions as specified
- All entrace fees on sightseeing tours as specified
- Travel Insurance
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional excursions
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours