Mbuzi Mawe Tented Camp is on one of the main migration routes and its central position in the Seronera region makes it a good choice for a Serengeti safari in any season.
This is is a well-run, fairly small tented camp with an excellent location for game-viewing in the Sernegeti. It belongs to Serena Hotels and benefits from this hotel group’s professionalism and expertise; but it is much smaller than most Serena lodges and has more of an authentic safari feeling and a personal and friendly atmosphere.
Mbuzi Mawe is attractively priced, so it is advisable to book as far in advance as you can.
Mbuzi Mawe’s16 spacious, comfortable tents are set in an acacia glade and well spaced out for privacy. Furnished with two queen-size four-poster beds, bed-side tables with lamps, dressing table and chairs, each has an overhead fan, an en suite bathroom with double basins and a private, shaded verandah from which to admire the views. Tents have constant electricity and hot water (heated by solar panels).
A large and airy, open tented structure houses the reception area, lounge, bar and boutique. The terrace of the main lounge area is a huge natural stone ledge, providing majestic views across the Seronera. Old dhow wood provides the frames for the chairs and sofas. Set in a corner, the small but well-stocked bar is open all day and evening. Mbuzi Mawe offers a range of massage services.
Meals are served at individual tables in the dining tent, a tented structure supported by stone pillars and wooden beams, or outside on the shaded deck. At breakfast, a cold buffet complements hot items, cooked to order; at dinner, in addition to the menu, there is a salad bar from which to choose.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Combine a safari in the best of Tanzania’s northern parks with tracking gorilla in Rwanda for an exceptional game and gorilla experience. This 10 day safari holiday includes visits to Lake Manyara National Park, a full day in Ngorongoro Crater and game viewing on the plains of the central Serengeti. You will have a private vehicle and driver-guide for the duration of your safari for an exclusive w...
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours