For those who wish to get away from the big lodges and camps on the crater rim, this location is ideal.
The farm is surrounded by lush gardens and forest with beautiful views over the surrounding area. Built in 1929, the main building, has a colonial feel. The cottage rooms have large fireplaces, comfortable armchairs and huge beds. There is even an outdoor shower if you feel like being one with nature!
The food is a real treat and the organic produce is plucked from the surrounding gardens. The coffee made at the farm is a must for those early safari mornings.
You can also take a guided walking tour of the gardens or up to the nearby elephant caves, taking in the flora and fauna on the way. If this is too much, the on-site African Living Spa provides massages for those weary muscles.
Gibbs Farm is a great alternative safari experience.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Three incredible safari destinations
- Wonderful wildlife at Ngorongoro Crater
- Tree climbing lions at Lake Manyara
- Namiri Plains, an exclusive part of Serengeti
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours