Tanamera is a luxurious, owner-run lodge, deep in the lowveld forest with breathtaking scenery, and high standards of cuisine and service.
The four secluded chalets are surrounded by unspoilt, indigenous bush, and their spectacular setting and views ensure a relaxing, peaceful stay. The chalets feature stone baths, king-size beds, waterfall showers, fireplaces and private decks from which you can absorb the awe-inspiring view of the Sabie River. Two of the chalets have private plunge pools. The honeymoon suite has a private pool and an outdoor shower.
Tanamera is well placed for touring the Blyde River Canyon and Kruger Park. Enjoy a self-guided walk and look for rare birds - bush shrikes, knysna louries, narina turacos, and crowned eagles have all been spotted on the property - or simply sit on your private deck and enjoy the magic of the forest on a misty morning or sun-washed afternoon. For something a bit different, try an early morning balloon trip, followed by a champagne breakfast in the bush. There are many activities available nearby: fly fishing, cultural tours, quad bikes, horse riding, river rafting and, of course, game viewing in Kruger Park.
Facilities at Tanamera
The main lodge provides a lounge area, dining room, bar and main deck with its overflow pool, loungers and stunning view over the Sabie River Valley.
Meals are generally served in the dining area, enhanced by a cosy fire in winter. In the summer, dinner may be served on the deck so you can enjoy your meal under the brilliant African stars. If you prefer, you can have your meals in the privacy of your chalet or on your own private deck.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours