Jatinga Country Lodge is everything a 5-star country retreat in South Africa should be, offering tranquillity, fine dining, charming hospitality, and luxurious accommodation.
The White River runs through its magnificent gardens and you can enjoy a sundowner on the elevated deck overlooking the river while observing the birdlife - the lodge has its own checklist of 98 birds.
Jatinga’s private open-sided chapel makes an enchanting wedding location.
The 16 superior rooms and four luxury suites are set in lush sub-tropical gardens or overlooking the citrus orchards. Rooms are decorated in different styles, from French Country to African Colonial.
All rooms have air-conditioning, a mini-bar, satellite television, fresh flowers, birding guides, etc. Garden suites have king-size beds or two queens. The open-plan honeymoon suite is furnished with a four-poster bed and has a private garden with a plunge pool. Three of the larger rooms have king-size beds; the others have a queen-size plus a single.
Jatinga has a reputation for fine dining, and the à la carte restaurant is open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A private meal can be served in the wine cellar, or at a table in a secluded spot in the gardens. Gourmet picnic hampers are also available to order.
Facilities at Jatinga
Jatinga has a swimming pool with a sundeck and the Lord Milner pub. A spa and wellness centre is being built on the banks of the White River. The lodge is just 5 km from Kruger Nelspruit airport and complimentary transfers are provided. The Numbi entry gate to Kruger Park is just 35 km from Jatinga and all the Lowveld attractions, such as Pilgrims Rest and the Panorama Route, are within easy reach.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours