Free from mass market tourism and unspoilt Africa at its best, Sierra Leone has some of the most spectacular beaches in the world. Now that the country has been stable for a decade, tourism is in its infancy and now is the time to visit. The Peninsula Beaches near Freetown and Banana Island are relatively easy to get to and make for a welcome break after exploring the country.
- Bustling Freetown
- Inspirational work at Tacugama Chimp Sanctuary
- Bunce Island for an insight into the country's history
- Tiwai island's Upper Guinea rainforest ecosystem
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours