is on a tranquil hillside on the northeast tip of La Digue, overlooking the small, secluded white beach of Anse Patates. The rooms have lovely panoramic views of the Indian Ocean and surrounding islands. The hotel is set in lush, tropical gardens and has a new restaurant and fantastic free-form infinity pool, set on the rocky headland.
The 20 spacious bungalows and comfortable air-conditioned superior rooms are well-equipped with ceiling fan, telephone and shower. The family bungalow accommodates up to four people and the two new spacious honeymoon suites have a jacuzzi bath and spectacular views. The Captain's Retreat has a nautical theme and a 270° ocean view.
Patatran has a free-form swimming pool overlooking the ocean. There is a bar and regular local entertainment.
The restaurant serves excellent local dishes and international cuisine. A traditional Creole buffet is served once each week. Typically, you will find a choice of Creole curries, barbecued fish and a dizzying array of accompaniments, palm heart salad and breadfruit chutneys. Seafood curries combine the best of Asian coconut-based dishes with the care and subtlety of French cuisine. Seychellois curries are spicy, but not overwhelming, with subtle, lingering flavours.
Anse Patates is framed by granite boulders and offers the best snorkelling in La Digue - fantastic reef and granite outcrops provide shelter and food to a wealth of fish. Although the corals were bleached by the effects of El Niño in 1999, it is great to see that they are recovering. Note that there are strong currents during the northwest monsoon (December - March). Bicycle hire is available on the premises and diving and island excursions can be arranged.
Children of all ages are welcome at Patatran Village.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Experience Seychelles a bit differently on this 'off the beaten track' itinerary
- Stay in unique, small, charming accommodation
- Spend time at leisure on some of the most beautiful beaches
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours