Lake Kivu Serena Hotel is a 5-star hotel in Gisenyi, on the shores of Lake Kivu in western Rwanda.
The hotel is right on the lake with wonderful views across the water. Run by the international Serena Hotels chain, is an attempt to bring international standards to this quiet backwater, and it’s a big step up from the other lakeside hotels.
The Kivu Serena provides accommodation in 66 rooms, including 6 suites, 23 family rooms and a room for people with disabilities. All rooms have air-con and satellite television.
The hotel has two restaurants, The Kiyanga restaurant and the Ziwani Cafe. The former is a fine dining experience serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with the choice of an a la carte option for lunch and dinner; the Bar and Terrace has live music at weekends and is the place to meet after dark.
Facilities include a fully equipped gym, a swimming pool and two tennis courts. Room service is available. The hotel offers activities including boat trips and water sports on the lake.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours